Your company’s outcome and future can turn to success with DLA at your side
you go it alone…
We understand your sales issues: Clearly and quickly differentiating your product and a lengthy selling cycle are huge challenges. You have limited management and control of the RFP process.
Without a plan in individual states for using technologies that you have created, you go it alone as you try to break through. It’s tough.
[More copy needed about the chart at left.]
The solution is to drive the adoption of educational technology, through comprehensive legislative initiatives to improve student outcomes. Here are ten key components of DLA’s plan:
- Support and promote the use of digital learning tools throughout Pre-K–16, post-secondary education and workforce development. We educate legislative stakeholders as to why they should invest in and fully utilize digital learning tools.
- Provide a national voice, localized on a state-by-state basis, for advancement of the most efficient and effective digital learning tools available, including hardware and software, other instructional technology, professional development, and support services.
- Maintain a robust and transparent clearinghouse for legislators that supplies information and data related to digital learning and digital learning tools, student achievement and gains, professional development for the effective use of modern digital learning tools to enhance productivity, best practices, as well as private and governmental initiatives that affect digital learning.
- Provide information, outreach, and related programs to expand deployment of digital learning and related technologies by working directly with legislators and education organizations, providing accurate data and outcomes, as well as accountability, transparency, and compliance with federal and state laws such as the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Advance the use of digital learning tools among parents who are children’s first teachers, making each pre-K—16 student’s world outside the classroom a safe, effective and efficient learning venue 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and 365 days a year.
- Develop model legislation for legislators to provide appropriations and RFPs for deployment of digital learning tools in schools and the community.
- Offer cutting-edge digital learning training and resources to educators, parents, education leaders, colleges of education and employers.
- Increase awareness of the positive contributions of digital learning among media, consumers, policy makers, opinion leaders, and others who influence the education establishment.
- Build relationships and coalitions with supportive foundations, receptive groups and those who share mutual interests in digital learning, as well as a grassroots network of providers and consumers.
- Work with allies and advocates within government to coordinate and implement a legislative/policy agenda for digital learning that is both proactive and defensive in nature. We’re a watchdog organization that looks at legislation that has been passed that is fair to all vendor companies.
DLA Member Visibility
- When you become a member of the Digital Learning Association, your company enjoys enhanced visibility:
- Presentation and product information about your product is provided to state legislators expressing an interest in sponsoring digital learning legislation around the issues your product serves.
- Digital learning materials are archived in the DLA library, accessible to legislators and state policymakers.
- Prime logo recognition on DLA website, print materials, and booth displays.
- Joint social media and PR campaigns to announce an issue-driven initiative and grass-root support of issues.
- Product and contact information highlighted and available to legislators.
- Inclusion in DLA-vetted clearinghouse information with product information, website address, and person-to-person contact information.
- Product review with feedback on best practices and market conditions. [Not clear: is this a review of the product itself, or the way the company presents it in the marketplace?]
DLA Member Networking
As a member you are introduced to industry vendor leaders that will expand your networking opportunities. You are exposed to larger (potential acquiring) companies through networking at DLA events and DLA communications.
You get national brand visibility, which can increase your company’s revenue, profitability, and market value. Your company becomes attractive for acquisition. Your exit strategy is strengthened to maximize investor returns.When you’re ready to learn more or become member of DLA, contact us.